Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rebuilding Hope, Rebuilding Homes

The Rebuilding Alliance is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that rebuilds homes and communities in regions of war and occupation.

We also seek to create alliances and to bring together individuals around the world to build peace and community.

Our projects are symbols of hope that help rebuild shattered communities and offer people around the world immediate ways to make peace, starting with the tangible support of a family's right to a home.

We are currently working on the 2nd home in The Rachel Corrie Rebuilding Campaign in Gaza. I am asking you to join me in rebuilding homes and hope as Palestinians, Israelis, Americans and others come together to create change.

Join me in celebrating possibility as I approach my goal of 50k, $2000 (for The Rebuilding Alliance) and 30 years of life! I want no gifts, just a lot of giving. Simply go to to make a donation.

Every amount helps. Here are a few suggestions.

Over $50 - You Rock My World Gift
$50 - Run With Me Gift ($1 for every Kilo being run)
$30 - Birthday Gift ($1 for every year of my life)
$5 - Every Gift is Important Gift

There are many wonderful organizations out there making a difference -- just give, if you can.


  1. 4 comments:

    Ramon said...

    Ramon just donated $100 and I'm broke. So you should all give what you can. This woman has been training like CRAZY. So all we have to do is just give as much as we can to support her hard efforts. Jenni, good luck with the run and raising the money. I'll be waiting for you at the finish line!

    Bob said...

    How do I give you money without joining some organization ? I would be happy to send you some money on behalf of Mr Kyle but I don't want to fill any forms out and get on any more donation lists.

    Thanks, Bob

    Jenni Fischer said...

    Bob (and others you might be wondering)

    When you give online, you are supposed to be able to check a box that tells them you don't want their newsletter. But, if you prefer, you can simply mail a check to The Rebuilding Alliance, 457 Kingsley Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301 with a note that you do NOT want to be added to their mailing list.

    They will then simply send you a thank you letter at that is all.

    Trust me, I understand your concern and I truly appreciate your willingness to give in honor of Kyle.

    Thanks. Jenni

    Jenni Fischer said...

    A special thanks to my friend Robin, who also just donated.

    Robin, thanks so much for the gift and the sweet card.

    Best of luck with your new life!

    Big congrats to Robin on getting her PhD!!!

  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  3. Hi Jenni,

    That's awesome what you're doing!

    A co-worker at Grassroots International forwarded it to me in part because the Gaza Community Health Programme is one of our partners but also because I did a walk to raise money for Palestinian medical aid last year (

    I haven't gone beyone the marathon distance as a runner so I applaud you not just for the distance you are undertaking, but more importantly - why you're doing it.



  4. Thanks Marty! And tell that co-worker thanks for spreading the word. It's amazing how many people are doing so much good work when you look around.

    I meet your Namaste and raise you one Om Namo Narayani!

    Yours in Sanskrit,