Friday, March 9, 2012

Weekly Kids Co-Op: Fire Safety Crafts

The mom's group I'm a part of has arranged for us to go to the local fire station with our kids. So, I decided I would also do a fire truck craft with my toddler.

Making a fire truck, I realize, is a good way to reinforce shapes, which my little guy is very interested in. You have circles for wheels and the rectangle for the truck and can do a square for the cab.

This construction paper fire truck
from No Time for Flashcards, a fellow Kids Co-Op blogger, is one of my favorite fire truck crafts.


And, I love this handprint firefighter craft from Tippytoe Crafts.

Photo from Tippytoe Crafts

Another simple idea is to do a big F is for Fire (and covering the F in scraps of orange, yellow and red paper). (This pinboard has lots of other fire safety activities - including a fire safety sensory tub).

Since, I have a firetruck crafts, I thought I would also link to some books about fire safety. Here's a pretty good list. There's also at least 1 or 2 books on the pinboard referenced above.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post and for the links to the Fire craft Pin board. My daughter really wants a fireman-themed birthday party, and since she loves to do crafts, I knew I had to find some good ones! She's a touch customer, but I think she and her friends will have a blast making some of the crafts you brought to the table. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete