Thursday, April 12, 2012

Weekly Kids Co-Op: Cardboard Box Creations

Wednesday I launched a Make Something Out Of Nothing Series of blogs leading up to Earth Day on April 22nd. That same night, I saw Caine's Arcade, and was inspired to feature cardboard box creations as part of the S.O.O.N. series. If you haven't heard of Caine, the L.A. 9 year-old that created a working arcade out of cardboard boxes, visit Watching the short film about Caine's Arcade and seeing Caine in action will definitely inspire you to grab a cardboard box and start innovating!

If you're not into building arcardes, here's 2 other ideas I really like:

Since my tot loves trains, I had to feature this from apartment therapy.

Great box pulled toys featured at Made by Joel (image from their site)

What have you made out of cardboard boxes? I want to know! Just the other day, we used one for a car, which I'm hoping we can decorate soon. Also, Tip Junkie has a round up of 32 ideas for your cardboard boxes

1 comment:

  1. It really is cool what you can make with custom cardboard boxes. It is so strong and can be built into any shape. Plus, it is widely available to adults and children. I remember using it to make set designs for elementary school plays!