Thursday, April 26, 2012

Weekly Kids Co-Op: Mexican Cookie Rings, Celebrating Cinco De Mayo

I wanted to make Mexican cookies with my toddler, but (of course) didn't have some of the ingredients for a lot of the recipes I found online. Then, I found this recipe.

It included making thumb indentations in the cookies as well as sprinkles, so I knew it would be a hit. I'll be honest in saying I have no idea how authentic this recipe is or isn't and that ours weren't pretty, but we had fun! 


My 2 1/2 year-old kept taking the camera, so I didn't manage to get any very good photos. If you're curious about his photos, check out his "plog." 

And I LOVE this 5-minute pinata from our friends over at Toddler Approved shared by Carrots Are Orange on her Cinco De Mayo pinboard -- Check out it for other activities and resources.



5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of these. Sounds like something fun for the girls and I to do. Wasn't even thinking of doing anything for Cinco de Mayo. May change my mind though.
    Would love if you could stop by Tots and Me and link up with my Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen (this is a weekly linky)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Happy Whimsical Hearts and these look fun. We are also doing a Cinco De Mayo posts on our blog next week!

    Amber
    recipeswelove.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipes We Love - I'm posting another Cinco de Mayo post tomorrow (I hope) because I'm planning on being as screen free as possible next week for Screen Free Week (should be pretty easy for the kids, but much harder for me!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumo, your biscuits sound tasty and fun to make. Thanks for sharing on Happy lil ❤'s are baking x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fabulous hands on recipe! You little looks like they enjoyed the cookie as well!

    Thank you for sharing on Family Frolics. :)

    ReplyDelete