Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wordless Where the Wild Things Are Wednesday

This post is part of Children's Book Week! I posted a great pea and dinosaur activity to go with your favorite pea and dinosaur books earlier this week, and am now doing a mostly wordless post in honor of the late Maurice Sendak.

I can't be completely wordless - I have to share a few words about how Maurice Sendak has been a part of our lives. My husband and I both loved Where the Wild Things are as children. We passed the love for the wonderful children's book onto our son (now 2 1/2) by making it the theme for his nursery and his first birthday party.  Here's our Wild Thing inspired, simple 1st birthday party. 

Photo shopped image that we used for his cake.



2 comments:

  1. I love your site. Great memories of having the little ones around. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have loved Where the Wild Things Are since my childhood and have introduced it to my children now. I was very disappointed with the movie. Very sad news about Maurice Sendak.

    ReplyDelete