Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Virtual Book Club: Audrey Wood

Since Wild Thing loves anything (and everything) that goes, especially fire trucks, this Audrey Wood book suited us perfectly. Plus, Wild Thing shared one night as I put him in bed, "I love letters." So, this book has 2 things he loves: fire trucks and letters. 

We used an empty juice box and egg carton to make the fire truck. Then, we brought a pared down version of his Alphabet sensory bin to add to the mix so that we could re-tell alphabet rescue ourselves.


The other half of the egg carton is underneath the top half.

Adding the letters! (Saying letter names as each letter goes in the truck).

Firetruck rescuing the other letters!
After he played with the firetruck and letters for awhile, he (accurately) said he needed water for his firetruck, so I gave him a spray bottle with water in it. This led to pretend play in the backyard as he ran around putting out pretend fires.

9 comments:

  1. I love the fire truck! What a great follow-up for this fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute fire truck!!! My son loves fire (and water too). He would think this was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our little guy would LOVE to make one of those firetrucks after reading the book you shared here. I love projects that do not cost anything and he loves firetrucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome fire truck! Pinning this to do with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son LOVES this book. I will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fire truck! What a creative idea. That looks like a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing this on Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3.

    : 0 ) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks like such fun! that's one of our fave book! my favorite picture is when they're in the junkyard and finding all the things... thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read the book! Great Truck. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete