Friday, September 21, 2012

Simple Ideas for Baby Play at Home #2 - Upcycle!!


Last month, I realized that I primarily write about Wild Thing and feature toddler play ideas, so I decided to feature some of the simple play activities I do with Caterpillar. He recently turned 1 and most of the activities we do can be done with simple items you probably already have at home.  

The post was so popular that I decided to make it a monthly series, so here is my September post on Baby Play - again featuring items you probably have at home. Most of these items are things we typically would recycle, but we have now turned them into toys.

I am taking a brief break today from writing about Hunger and ways to get involved during Hunger Action Month, which has been the focus of all of my posts in September to share these simple, entertaining activities for little ones.


I stuck paintbrushes in the egg carton that he could then put the empty spools on.

He also likes putting milk jug lids and playdough toys in the egg carton.

Another hit is putting the pipe cleaners in an empty milk jug.

He also paints with water.

And loves scooping and splashing water. 

12 comments:

  1. These are all such great ideas. I love that you put paint brushes up through the egg carton. And I'm pretty sure I do have all of these things on hand. I'm always afraid to throw empty containers away because I'm sure I'll find a great use for them sometime. Someday I'll be on the show Hoarders. Just kidding. I am loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Cute! I love the milk jug pipecleaner game! Simple and fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Cute! I love the milk jug pipecleaner game! Simple and fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always looking for more baby play ideas, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great play ideas. I will have to try having our babies sort with egg cartons and paint with water. Thanks for sharing on Artsy Play Wednesday. I like that you are making this into a monthly series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 1 year old also loves painting with water...actually, so does my 4 year old. I guess it's a universal thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. painting with water is the best! and what a cute little artist you have! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how simple and easy these ideas are! I can't wait to try with my little one some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is having too much fun! So cute, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is the simplest things that seem to make babies happy- I wish I had realized that sooner! We wasted a lot of money early on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting, engaging and interactive. I would be adding some of the ideas to one of my kids party activities list.

    ReplyDelete