I am pleased to be joining forces with other Kid-Friendly Bloggers (as well as some food bloggers and others) to spread awareness and motivate involvement during Hunger Action Month.
I thought I would take the opportunity of this week's Ten for Tuesday post to share ten of my favorite "go orange" or hunger action-related blogs from the Moms Fighting Hunger group.
So many posts have inspired me, as have messages from moms and individuals from across the country who saw a pin or read a post and are now getting involved. I hope these posts inspire you too!
- Kids Stuff World - To say this blogger is a driving force behind Moms Fighting Hunger would be an understatement. Plus, she and I worked together to make this super cute Every Can Counts video.
- Curly Birds - She's had more than 1 post this month that I love, but this recent post with clear steps on How to Host a Food Drive informs and inspires all at once.
- Childhood Beckons - The Feeding Through Reading project that she came up with for her son is simply brilliant. He's motivated and excited to read and to help others. That is a perfect combo.
- Dirtiest Kid in the World has written a 3-part series of posts featuring non-profits that help fight hunger.
- Raising Figure Skaters - Deb Chitwood created a Twibbon image for FB profiles and free printables to help spread the word and fight hunger.
- Red, White & Grew offers a great idea for donating a peanut butter alternative to food banks for struggling families with children that have peanut allergies, something I honestly had never considered.
- The Pleasantest Thing - I appreciated this thoughtful post on how to talk to a child (even as young as 4) about hunger.
- JDaniel4's Mom - She used it as an opportunity to do a super market scavenger hunt with her son based on the food pantry's needs. What moved me the most about her post was the bare shelves at her local pantry, which serve as a reminder of how important our donations are.
- Mama Smiles - I shared this blogger's Small Hands Creating Hope project earlier this year to help children with cancer and have appreciated, once again, her blog engagement make a difference and help others.
- Crayon Freckles - This is another blogger who often uses her blog to help others, recently creating an e-Book to raise money for a School Supply Fund Drive for the Boys & Girls Club. She was a co-host for our Go Orange Blog Hop, which offers lots of other links and ideas for fighting hunger, including more blog posts I really love.
You might also like:
|Photos from our Food Drive|
|Teaching Community Service|
|DIY: Baby Food Recipes & Tips|