Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ten for Tuesday: Blogs I Love for Hunger Action Month

I am pleased to be joining forces with other Kid-Friendly Bloggers (as well as some food bloggers and others) to spread awareness and motivate involvement during Hunger Action Month. 

I thought I would take the opportunity of this week's Ten for Tuesday post to share ten of my favorite "go orange" or hunger action-related blogs from the Moms Fighting Hunger group.

So many posts have inspired me, as have messages from moms and individuals from across the country who saw a pin or read a post and are now getting involved. I hope these posts inspire you too!   
  • Kids Stuff World - To say this blogger is a driving force behind Moms Fighting Hunger would be an understatement. Plus, she and I worked together to make this super cute Every Can Counts video.
  • Curly Birds - She's had more than 1 post this month that I love, but this recent post with clear steps on How to Host a Food Drive informs and inspires all at once.
  • Childhood Beckons - The Feeding Through Reading project that she came up with for her son is simply brilliant. He's motivated and excited to read and to help others. That is a perfect combo.
  • Dirtiest Kid in the World has written a 3-part series of posts featuring non-profits that help fight hunger. 
  • Raising Figure Skaters - Deb Chitwood created a Twibbon image for FB profiles and free printables to help spread the word and fight hunger. 
  • Red, White & Grew offers a great idea for donating a peanut butter alternative to food banks for struggling families with children that have peanut allergies, something I honestly had never considered. 
  • The Pleasantest Thing - I appreciated this thoughtful post on how to talk to a child (even as young as 4) about hunger.
  • JDaniel4's Mom - She used it as an opportunity to do a super market scavenger hunt with her son based on the food pantry's needs. What moved me the most about her post was the bare shelves at her local pantry, which serve as a reminder of how important our donations are.
  • Mama Smiles - I shared this blogger's Small Hands Creating Hope project earlier this year to help children with cancer and have appreciated, once again, her blog engagement make a difference and help others. 
  • Crayon Freckles - This is another blogger who often uses her blog to help others, recently creating an e-Book to raise money for a School Supply Fund Drive for the Boys & Girls Club. She was a co-host for our Go Orange Blog Hop, which offers lots of other links and ideas for fighting hunger, including more blog posts I really love.
You can also find all of these posts and all of the other ladies from Moms Fighting Hunger pinned to my Be the Change Board.

You might also like:
Photos from our Food Drive
Teaching Community Service
DIY: Baby Food Recipes & Tips


  1. I am loving the ideas I'm getting from all of the posts of bloggers taking part in Hunger Action Month. So many inspiring ideas, and ways to approach the issue with young children that I never would have come up with on my own. I'm honored to be included in your round-up.

  2. Thanks for the shoutout. And what a great list. Off to pin this...

  3. It is amazing how much bloggers are doing to fight hunger. So many good ideas!

  4. You are such an inspiration - both your efforts on raising awareness of the issue and the actions you've taken to fight hunger this month. It is an honor to be among the ten blogs you included. Thank you.

  5. I love what everyone's doing to fight hunger! Thanks so much for including my post at Raising Figure Skaters! I just pinned your post to my Make a Difference Board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/make-a-difference/ :)

  6. I have loved getting to read how each blogger has found a special way to serve others.

  7. I love what everyone is doing to fight hunger.

  8. Everyone has such good ideas for fighting hunger. It is amazing how simple some of them can be.

  9. This is such a great cause and I love what everyone is doing. Thanks for sharing all the information here.

  10. I am amazed at how much you all are doing to Take Action as parents and modeling for your children. We shared about Moms Fighting Hunger on our site with our Snapshots of Parenting with Purpose. If you ever want to share about your experience with this whole project we'd love to have your share on our site as a guest post. http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/2012/09/moms-fighting-hunger-snapshots-of.html

  11. Aww... I love those blogs too ~ way to go guys!

  12. It's inspirational to know that a little can go a long way. I love all of the ideas I'm getting from these wonderful blogs that you noted. Thank you!