Monday, November 19, 2012

Magical Moments: (AKA) The Gift of an Ordinary Day


Through participating in Abundant Mamas with Awesomely Awake, we were encouraged to look for the magical moments in daily life. Upon reflection around this concept, I realized that my life is full of magical moments -- moments that exist in the most ordinary of happenings in my daily life if I slow down and pay attention, if I am present to those moments

I now see magical moments everywhere: when sharing ice cream with Wild Thing, during storytime on the couch, when I go out to the laundry room to find that my husband has already put the clothes in the dryer, snuggling with the boys at bed time, telling my husband about something silly one of the boys did that day and the two of us sharing a moment of joy and uncontrollable laughter...these seemingly ordinary occurrences get transformed when viewed in a new way. 


Such moments can easily be overlooked, forgotten, rushed through, pushed aside, but are so worth a second look, worth noticing, worth soaking in and cherishing. When I stop and pay attention, it makes a difference. Nothing beats the sweet smile Caterpillar gives me when he knows I am all his and that no one and nothing else is taking my attention. 

Are you awake to the magical moments in your life? 

More Magic: this image made from milk, dish soap and food coloring!

Day 19: Grateful for Magical Moments. Grateful for Abundant Mamas, which has helped me to focus on seeing the magic, the abundance already present in my daily life. #21DaysofGratitude

Thought I would share some other places I have been writing lately: 


Oh - and I have to give out some blog love to Childhood Beckons with a great post of simple ways to make your child smile.

Shared at: Magic Moments MondayHappy Family Times, Real Life Wednesday at Pickelbums and...


One Perfect Day
parents as teachers

From my blog, you might also like:

Van Gogh Magic Milk Painting
Family Dinner Unplugged
Wordless Wednesday: Siblings
Ten Tips for Screen Free Time

14 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! I love the idea of enjoying moments you have while you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, if you stop to reflect there is some extraordinary lurking in the everyday things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely reminder to stop and enjoy these special moments. It's so easy to rush through the day without savoring the magic but life is so much better when we dwell on these perfect moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely reminder to slow down and appreciate those precious, ordinary, beautiful moments. I'm featuring this on my blog today for The Sunday Parenting Party. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think having a normal day is what kids love the most. I love connecting with other parents who see the value in the ordinary. I featured you on The Sunday Parenting Party on The Golden Gleam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to focus and reflect on the little moments, and how they are magical. Thanks for sharing on Happy Family Times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful! There really is something special in even the most difficult moments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great reminder to cherish the magical moments and to find them in ordinary activities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful. I came from Monday Mantras at a Cat Like Curiosity and I'm now following you.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely! Developing a greatful heart is the key. I am working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course, this is completely what I want to read when I need some magic refill! I also loved how you used a magic milk pic to reinforce it with a quote. Thanks for sharing at Magic Moments Monday! Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course, this is completely what I want to read when I need some magic refill! I also loved how you used a magic milk pic to reinforce it with a quote. Thanks for sharing at Magic Moments Monday! Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this. The small moments are the things that make a day beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jennifer! I love this post. It is so important to take a moment to soak it in and enjoy! I featured this post on our Magic Moments Mondays!
    Leah @ Simple.Home.Blessings.

    ReplyDelete