Monday, December 10, 2012

{Virtual Book Club for Kids} Discovering a New Author: Jan Brett

Thanks to the Virtual Book Club for Kids, we have again discovered a new author - Jan Brett, a perfect selection for the month of December as she has several Christmas and Winter-themed books. The three I selected at the library today include: Gingerbread Friends, Trouble with Trolls and The Three Snow Bears, a fun retelling of Goldilocks and the Three Bears set in the Arctic. 

I already have some fun ideas of activities I can do with Wild Thing and Caterpillar for at least one of these books, if not more! (Last month for Tomie DePaola we, ended up doing activities related to 3 different books).

To get you excited and to help you along the way if you choose to join us and participate in the Book Club this month, I am sharing this Jan Brett site that has lots of free coloring and activity pages, which I discovered thanks to The Educators' Spin On It. I also want to share the owl crafts linky from them since Brett has an owl book.

Plus, here are a couple of my favorite gingerbread activities from other bloggers I love; any of these would work well with one of the Gingerbread books Brett has:
Hope this gets you inspired to join us next Monday when the linky goes live (or anytime this month) for the Virtual Book Club for Kids!  

Sharing here: 



No comments:

Post a Comment