I already have some fun ideas of activities I can do with Wild Thing and Caterpillar for at least one of these books, if not more! (Last month for Tomie DePaola we, ended up doing activities related to 3 different books).
To get you excited and to help you along the way if you choose to join us and participate in the Book Club this month, I am sharing this Jan Brett site that has lots of free coloring and activity pages, which I discovered thanks to The Educators' Spin On It. I also want to share the owl crafts linky from them since Brett has an owl book.
Plus, here are a couple of my favorite gingerbread activities from other bloggers I love; any of these would work well with one of the Gingerbread books Brett has:
- Gingerbread Play Dough from The Imagination Tree
- Felt Gingerbread Dress Up Doll from The Iowa Farmer's Wife
- Holiday Scented Play Dough from Momma' Fun World (also including Gingerbread Play Dough)
- Puffy Paint Gingerbread Man and Gingerbread House from Teach Preschool
- Gingerbread Man Cloud Dough from In Lieu of Preschool
- Chalkboard Gingerbread Men from Curly Birds