Friday, February 8, 2013

Kid's Co-Op: Wild Thing Picks (#3)

Sometimes when looking through the Kid's Co-Op posts from the previous week, I do it with Wild Thing. I like to see what images and activities attract him, and it is a way to spend time together and still get some blogging done. This week seemed to be about simple art and craft activities and, of course, trucks and trains! (Wild Thing loves all things that go).

These two simple Valentine activities attracted him: Heart Tube Stamping from Housing A Forest, which is also a favorite of mine and Valentine Stick Dolly Gifts from At Home with Ali - he really liked counting how many dolly sticks there were and pointing out all of the hearts.

The rest of his picks were all about trucks and trains:
Each of these truck and train posts were also pinned to my Things That Go! Pinboard, where you will find lots of ideas for little ones who love transportation, including clever learning activities and creative art activities.   

I also wanted to share the cardboard hearts we made after seeing these hearts from Taming the Goblin linked up last week and featuring them in our recycled art and crafts round-up.  


  1. I love your sons choices and that you involved him in the process! Thanks for including our heart stamping.

  2. I love that you featured Wild Thing's favorites! He has good taste :)

  3. I also have my son look through link ups with me to find great posts to visit! It kind of cracks me up how much he loves Pinterest, too. :) Thanks -- to you and to Wild Thing -- for featuring our heart freight! That's a great idea to use them for color sorting. We just reused them in a counting activity (

  4. We did the toilet paper roll hearts last week! Thanks for sharing your post with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday. Hope to see you back today!