Friday, February 22, 2013

Simple Ideas for Baby Play at Home #7 (Final Edition!)

Sadly, this will be my last Baby Play post. I have been doing a monthly Baby Play post for 7 months now, and the posts have been really popular and lots of fun. However, now that Caterpillar is 18 months old and completely asserting his identity all the time (he even said his first full-blown sentence the other day: I got it, to his older brother who was trying to help him do something), I have to admit that he is no longer a baby, but a toddler. Wow! How did this happen? 

However, I did want to wrap it all up with one last post of simple baby play ideas you can do at home with things you probably already have. (Many of these activities are photos that were taken long ago when he was much younger and still really was a baby!) 

For some reason, Caterpillar loves to put toilet paper rolls on his arms!

Paper shreds! The shreds are from a couple of sensory bins. He was probably 9 months old.

This should say #7, but with an 18 month old and 3 year old, I passed on taking the time to fix it! :) Forgive me!! He was probably 3 months old. I threaded the ribbon through the colander for him.
Check out the rest of the baby play posts in the series: 
Also, I have to share two great Baby Play Pinboards that I love so that you can find lots of other baby play ideas, since we will no longer be sharing any here! Activities for Babies is a great board created by Tinkerlab that more than 20 great bloggers pin to, and Baby and Toddler Play Ideas is a board created by Rainy Day Mum that has over 60 bloggers contributing to it. Enjoy! As for us, I think I will be focusing on a monthly Tot/Pre-K sibling play series of posts that will offer ideas of fun ways for young siblings to play (and learn) together.

Sharing at: Montessori Monday, Eco Kids Tuesday.      

You might also like:
Kids Co-Op: Baby Play! 
Baby Sensory Play with Ice
Things That Go! Trucks


  1. I think you can still post on baby play! Just borrow a baby!!! I'm sure your kids' friends have plenty of younger siblings!!!

  2. Kids definitely grow up too fast! Your baby play ideas are awesome, Jen! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. In addition to featuring your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page, I pinned it to my Babies - Activities and Ideas board at