Thursday, March 21, 2013

{Kid's Co-Op} Beyond the Book: Playful Storytelling

Last night I had a great time doing one of my first Google+ On Air Hang-outs as part of the Spring Into Reading Series with Kim from The Educators' Spin On It, Jackie from Ready-Set-Read and Rebekah from The Golden Gleam. We shared some of our favorite Playful Storytelling activities and have already received comments about how informative the Hang-out was with great ideas to extend story time.You can see the full list of Spring Into Reading Hang-Outs here.


You can also watch the video on Youtube, if you prefer. I love playful storytelling and activities that extend books and the Hang-Out explained why these activities are so important for nurturing early readers through the way they build vocabulary, oral language skills and so much more. (Not to mention how fun it can be!) So, I am sharing some fun Playful Storytelling ideas from the Kids Co-Op last week too! First, I also thought I would give you a peek at our recycled storytelling props for the Itsy Bitsy Spider that we made from milk caps and toilet paper/paper towel rolls. The spider was left from Halloween. We LOVE making recycled storytelling props. 

I hope you enjoy these ideas from the Co-Op as much as I did: Playful storytelling with The Caboose Who Got Loose from, Dr. Seuss playschool with Like Mama Like Daughter, Sticky Board Storytelling from My Little Bookcase, Playful Storytelling with The Gingerbread Man from Happy Whimsical Hearts, and The Snail and the Whale from Growing Book by Book.

Also, for lots of other storytelling and beyond the book ideas, you should definitely check out Read.Explore.Learn from JDaniel4's Mom which posts each Friday and which you can also like on Facebook. I also love the Storytelling Pinboard from Inspiration Laboratories - make sure you are following it for many more great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment