Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: St. Patrick's Day Sensory Bin

Say that three times fast: St. Patrick's Day Sensory Surprise, St. Patrick's Day Sensory Surprise, St. Patrick's Day Sensory Surprise!

The green pasta re-purposed from Dollar Store Christmas Sensory Bin. Most items from Dollar Store or already on hand.
Pack into large envelope, seal and place in mailbox on select day for kids to find.
Let them dump out the items...
...and play!
Find the closest thing to shamrocks/clovers in your own yard.
P.S. Caterpillar is 18 months, no 19 today! Wild Thing is 3. Both enjoy this sensory bin. The plate (Dollar Store) allows for sorting. Also, the buttons are now on the third use. I try to re-purpose as much as possible with my sensory bins. Use #1:  Button Christmas Tree Lot. Use #2: Green Eggs and Ham Shakers.

Sharing at: Montessori Monday, Eco Kids Tuesday, Nanny to Mommy Wordless Wednesday, Tot School Tuesday, The Sunday Showcase, It's Playtime, Mom's Library.

You might also like:

Corn meal sensory play + Nebraska activities.
Wordless Wednesday: Tot/PreK Tray


  1. Oh I love the gorgeous emerald green colour.

    Thanks for sharing on The Sunday Showcase. I've pinned to our board.

  2. I love the way you created a sensory surprise for your boys, Jen ... very creative! I featured your post and photo in my 40+ St. Patrick's Day Sensory Tubs at

  3. Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Tots! I'm featuring your post this week on In Lieu of Preschool: Please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button! Off to pin your post. Thanks again for sharing! :) ~Genny

  4. Hi :) Thanks for linking up to the Weekly Kid's Co-Op. I just love your tips and the paper envelope idea. I have chosen your post as a feature on Triple T Mum's Kid's Co-Op Showcase on Thursday and I have pinned your post to the Weekly Kid's Co-Op Board.

  5. Thanks for sharing and please join us again this week at Eco-Kids Tuesday!

  6. This looks like so much fun! What a special envelope.