Our end of summer family/work trip to San Francisco and our family efforts to get ourselves settled into a new going to school routine (Wild Thing started preschool for the first time last week) got me a bit behind with The Kid's Co-Op. However, I finally had time to look through all of the wonderful ideas shared last week (Thanks Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails, whose thread I followed last week to find links -- check it out for even more Back to School Ideas!). Now, I'm pleased to share over 300 ideas and resources for heading Back to School.
Six ideas to make going back to school special:
- Throw a Back to School Party like The Taylor House
- Use these fun, free printables from Living Montessori Now for awesome First Day of School Photos
- Make a First Day of School Picture Frame with Gummy Lump
- Use post-first day of school snack time to create meaningful conversation with these conversation snack ideas from Puddle Wonderful Learning
- Check out Preschool Powol Packets Back to School Packet for the first week
- Just do something simple and fun to make it special, even if you're actually not going anywhere, like Teach Through Play does for their homeschool experience
Six resources to encourage a great school year:
- School Year Hopes and Dreams free printables from Book Mama
- Rusty and Rosy share their thoughts on surviving the school year
- 3 Boys and a Dog lists 4 things your child's teach should know and shared free Fall/Autumn lunchbox notes
- Enchanted Homeschooling Mom with a Not Back to School Homeschool Pack
- I shared about Setting Back to School Goals for the entire family (plus, the post includes a fabulous Kid Blogger Network Back to School Link Up with over 120 posts linked-up)
Three more Back to School Round-Ups that feature nearly 200 ideas altogether:
- Back to School and Back to Homeschool Resources selected by B.Inspired Mama
- Reading Confetti highlighted over 100 of her favorite Back to School Posts
- JDaniel4sMom's popular Back to School Traditions Link Up with over 40 traditions you'll definitely want to see!
For even MORE ideas, tips and tools that can help make this a wonderful school year, pop over to Pinterest and follow my Back to School Board and the boards of these 11 other fabulous bloggers: KC Edventures, Mama Smiles, Melissa Taylor of Imagination Soup, Teach Preschool, No Time for Flashcards, Living Montessori Now, The Educators' Spin On It, Kids Stuff World, Inspiration Laboratories, JDaniel4sMom, and Carrots Are Orange.
If you have a Back to School Pinboard, please share it in the comments or on my Facebook page so I can make sure I'm following it!
Speaking of Pinterest, did you Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails shared Must Follow Boards on Pinterest from The Kid's Co-Op? Pop over and check out her lovely list!
Sharing at: The Sunday Showcase, Tuesday Tots, Mom's Library and It's Playtime!