Thursday, August 1, 2013

{Kid's Co-Op} Pre-K Kid Picks

From time to time when selecting posts to highlight that were shared during the previous week through The Weekly Kid's Co-Op, I include Wild Thing in the process. I enjoy seeing what attracts his attention, and he enjoys being involved in my blogging process. So, here's our 4th edition of Wild Thing Picks! 



It was no surprise at all that Wild Thing picked both Day Out with Thomas from Play-Trains and the Sticker Trains Craft from Play-Trains, which we will have to try! While he might be a bit more into his cars right now, trains were his first love in the world of Things That Go! 

His next pick reflected his growing interest in letters and connecting beginning letter sounds with objects. He pointed and stated in his biggest big-boy voice: "The W one is good. A W is a letter. W is for Watermelon." Gift of Curiosity shared some W is for Watermelon Alphabet Games and Printables. I pinned this to my new Tot School Pinboard as I am planning a Letter of the Week Tot School experience for Caterpillar when Wild Thing begins preschool in two weeks. 

Wild Thing also loved the Paper Plate Ocean Creatures from House of Burke, and Caterpillar joined in and liked it too. He was very excited about seeing a baby painting! 

Since Caterpillar was now involved, we let him pick the next one and he liked these Monsters Crafts and Snacks from 3 Boys and a Dog

Before you link up and play, feel free to check out our past Wild Thing Picks: Milk Jug Monsters and Mickey Mouse, Fun Snacks (including a Monsters Inc Snack) and Art Activities, Heart Tube Stamping and Things That Go, and Fun with Food and our Very Hungry Caterpillar-Inspired Snack

Sharing at: The Sunday Showcase, Tuesday Tots, Artsy Play Wednesday, Mom's Library and It's Playtime! 

2 comments:

  1. Just want to introduce myself to each of the co-hosts of the kids co-op (which I love, thank you btw) – I’m Rachel, an Aussie mama blogger who loves Montessori, play-based learning, natural learning, Reggio and Waldorf. I look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much -- or I suppose I should be thanking Wild Thing! -- for featuring our posts! It means so, so much to me when I hear about kids who enjoy our blog posts...pretty much the coolest thing ever. ;-)

    ReplyDelete