Fall is probably my favorite season and inspires so many wonderful play and learning experiences -- the Weekly Kid's Co-Op was full of them last week. Before I share all of those brilliant activities, I'm sharing my latest Fall Activity FAIL!! I think often through Pinterest, it's easy to think other parents and/or educators and all bloggers are creating perfect, beautiful, successful activities all the time. But, that's not true.
In my mind, I planned a wonderful leaf transfer activity using felt leaves and leaf-decorated containers that were in the dollar spot at Target. I set them out on a beautiful Fall scarf with tweezers and chopsticks for some Montessori-inspired play. It started off fairly well.
Then I decided to add some natural elements from an outdoor Fall Sensory bin and leave the room...
I came back to this! Quite soon, the mess grew and grew with seedlings (I think that's what they are) all over the floor and cars (see that green car at the edge of the frame) racing through them! The calm, quiet transfer part lasted probably 2-5 minutes. The shredding lasted much longer! If only I knew more about the natural item that my 2 year-old took apart with the tweezers. Then I could have turned this into a wonderful learning opportunity. Have you had an activity fail lately? Do you know what these things are that my little ones took apart? Please share your fails and your tips! I'd love to feel like I'm not alone in misjudging activities and I'd love to pull these nature items back out and do some more discovery with them -- this time intentionally.
Now for the real deal -- fabulous fall fun from the Kid's Co-Op:
- Sow Sprout Play's Apple Picking Sensory Table and Fall Activities Round-Up with 35 Activities
- An Autumn Nature Table from Where Imagination Grows
- Fall Scented Ice Cream Dough from Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
- Paint Chip Apple Tree from Happy Hooligans
- Pumpkin Play Dough from Wildflower Ramblings
- Little Bins for Little Hands shared Apple and Pumpkins Book Sensory Play and Simple Pumpkins and Apples Fine Motor Skills Games
- Enchanted Homeschooling Mom's Yarn Pumpkins
- Thumbtacked Pumpkins from Simple Fun for Kids
- Five Little Pumpkins Activities from Brianstorm In Bloom
- Felt Fall Tree from Natalia
- Nature Hunt Leaf Matching Game from Teach Beside Me
- 3d Apple, Harvest Corn and Pumpkin from Sweet Garden
- Happily Ever Mom's Fall Lacing Wreath with Toilet Paper Rolls and Ribbons
Now it's your turn to link up and play!