Wednesday, October 9, 2013

{Kid's Co-Op} 50 Fall Activities from the Kid's Co-Op + Our Fall FAIL!!


Fall is probably my favorite season and inspires so many wonderful play and learning experiences -- the Weekly Kid's Co-Op was full of them last week. Before I share all of those brilliant activities, I'm sharing my latest Fall Activity FAIL!! I think often through Pinterest, it's easy to think other parents and/or educators and all bloggers are creating perfect, beautiful, successful activities all the time. But, that's not true. 

In my mind, I planned a wonderful leaf transfer activity using felt leaves and leaf-decorated containers that were in the dollar spot at Target. I set them out on a beautiful Fall scarf with tweezers and chopsticks for some Montessori-inspired play. It started off fairly well. 

Then I decided to add some natural elements from an outdoor Fall Sensory bin and leave the room...


I came back to this! Quite soon, the mess grew and grew with seedlings (I think that's what they are) all over the floor and cars (see that green car at the edge of the frame) racing through them! The calm, quiet transfer part lasted probably 2-5 minutes. The shredding lasted much longer! If only I knew more about the natural item that my 2 year-old took apart with the tweezers. Then I could have turned this into a wonderful learning opportunity. Have you had an activity fail lately? Do you know what these things are that my little ones took apart? Please share your fails and your tips! I'd love to feel like I'm not alone in misjudging activities and I'd love to pull these nature items back out and do some more discovery with them -- this time intentionally. 

Now for the real deal -- fabulous fall fun from the Kid's Co-Op: 

Now it's your turn to link up and play! 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring our Pumpkin play dough, Jennifer!! Have great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a fabulous blog! Thanks for featuring the Five Little Pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting and for featuring the yarn pumpkins I shared over at Enchanted Homeschooling Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting, Jennifer. And, thanks for featuring the mini Fall Lacing Wreath! :)

    ReplyDelete