Thursday, December 19, 2013

Things That Go: Christmas/Winter Edition 2013 {Kid's Co-Op}

Car and train play happens regularly at our house, and I often create transportation-themed activities for Wild Thing (4) and Caterpillar (2). They love all "things that go"! My husband and I love the movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles, so I often think of that when I write about my transportation-loving little ones.  If I want to keep the boys occupied and happy, planes, trains and automobiles (play experiences, not the movie), does it every time!


Last year around this time, I was in the middle of a Things That Go series on the blog and decided to do a fun Things That Go: Christmas Edition featuring our favorite Christmas-related transportation books, a milk jug sleigh (pulled by dinosaurs instead of reindeer), sensory snow plow play and much, much more -- check it out

While looking through the Kid's Co-Op last week, several transportation-themed activities caught my eye, as did some unique homemade gifts that would work well for little ones who love things that go. 

My Nearest and Dearest shared a fabulous list of the 20 Best Christmas Sensory Bins, which included some fun construction and train Christmas play. 

P is for Preschooler also shared Christmas Sensory Play that featured some fun transportation-relation options as well as 10 Unique Gifts to Make for Kids at Christmas, including our DIY Train Table (that can be made for under $50) and her very cool catapult! (Our train table is almost 2 years old and the boys STILL love it!) 

Pink Stripey Socks has a DIY Felt Board that would be another wonderful  homemade gift. I love her cute car and Christmas tree! 

Buggy and Buddy shared two ideas that my boys would love: A Snowy Toy Car Ramp for Indoor Play and an awesome Marble Run.

Bonus Share: If you have a train lover, you have to pop over to Play-Trains for so many wonderful ideas for Christmas and winter-themed train play, as well as gift ideas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment