Friday, March 28, 2014

{Weekly Kid's Co-Op} Kids in the Kitchen With Cute Easter-Inspired Snacks

In April, No Kid Hungry/Share Our Strength launches a national fundraising initiative that is one of my favorites: Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry. Baking delicious goodies as a way to raise funds to help end childhood hunger (which affects 16 million children in the U.S.) sounds great to me, especially as a fun way to engage kids. My boys love baking and sharing their baked goods with others, so doing a Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry is perfect for us. I'll be sharing more about our fundraisers soon. In the meantime, if you want to get involved, check out the No Kid Hungry Bake Sale site - Brainstorming ideas and items for our bake sale, put me in a "kids in the kitchen" mood, so I decided to highlight some of my favorite kids in the kitchen activities from The Weekly Kid's Co-op. 

I love that Conveying Awareness shared a great way to teach children about making healthy eating decisions using a Green Light, Yellow Light, Red Light system. Her in action post of activities she did at her son's Montessori preschool is fabulous. 

Keitha's Chaos shared several fun book-themed lunches, and I love My Nearest and Dearest's Adorable Easter Bunny Lunch/Snack

Craftulate also shared an Easter-inspired snack idea with some cute Easter popcorn treats, Crystal and Co. made some very cute Easter Bunny cupcakes (perfect for an April Bake Sale) and Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails shared my other favorite Easter-inspired snack -- her very clever "Carrot" Strawberries

Plus, the Kids Activities Blog's DIY Fruishi (Fruit Sushi) makes snack time extra fun as do Danya Banya's Cheese Monsters. 

Finally, World of Learning gave me several books to add to my library list with her round-up of Cookbooks for Kids that help children discover food from around the world, and Every Star is Different shared Kitchen Inspired Learning Activities

I hope these posts inspire you too! Now it's time to link up and play!


  1. Yum - lots of delicious ideas! Thanks for including our Cheese Monsters, and I can't wait to try out some of the others (Frushi - sounds awesome!)

  2. Wow! What an exceptional list! Thanks for the shout out too! I need to come back and pin a bunch of these! Nice collaboration! =)