Gratitude: It's Not Just for Thanksgiving
Over the next two weeks, I hope to share (almost) daily posts focused on gratitude. My guiding word for 2014 is Compassion. Gratitude keeps me grounded and focused. When I remind myself of all I have to be grateful for, instead of getting caught in the "I Wants," I can more successfully extend compassion to others; I can live a compassionate life. Here are the prompts I'm focusing on over the next two weeks to encourage myself to live mindfully, graciously and compassionately.
I will extended gratitude to...
- ...Someone who included me
- (someone who invited me to be a part of something special).
- ...Someone who has shown me kindness,
- without really knowing me.
- ...Someone who always supports my work/dreams.
- ...Someone who always supports my children.
- ...Someone who has taught me something important
- (or perhaps someone I am still learning from).
- ...Someone who helped me in a time of need.
- ...Someone I don’t personally know that has made a difference in my life.
- ...Someone who supports positive change in the world.
- ...Someone who inspires me.
- ...Someone who has truly changed my life.
- And last, but certainly not least, I plan to extend some gratitude to myself and encourage you to as well.
- We can be our harshest critics, the strictest judge, but sometimes we need to stop and pat ourselves on the back. I hope you'll join me in embracing gratitude. Wrap yourself up with gratitude and then pull others into the fold as you extend gratitude to them.
- Please share your daily note of gratitude on my Facebook page or on Twitter, hashtags: #gratitude #Compassion2014.