Wednesday, May 28, 2014

12 Recycle Arts, Crafts and Play Ideas from The Weekly Kid's Co-Op

Confession #1: We have a tight budget. 

Confession #2: I love creating sensory bins and other creative learning activities for my sons. 

Confession #3: I no longer go to the Dollar Store, glance through the Target Dollar Spot or go to crafting stores. 

I've discovered that I often spend more money when I'm trying to save money because it's so easy to buy things I really don't need at a dollar store or the dollar spot or sale area of a crafting store. Instead, I look at what I have (like milk caps, cardboard, toilet paper rolls, etc.) and then I find ways to make it work. 

During the Summer, finding ways to save money can make a big difference. Food costs often increase, gas prices go up, and there can be expenses for summer camps, vacation, etc. So why not highlight some fabulously fun art, craft and play ideas that you can do with things you most likely already have? Plus, you reduce waste and environmental impact as well, so it is really a win-win. Oh - and if you get your kids in on the creation part of it, you ignite their imaginations as they begin re-purposing common household items or recycled materials too. What's not to love about all of that? 
From the Recycle Box








From the Kitchen



From Nature



Using Old Crayons



Top Picks of the Week




What's your favorite item to repurpose/reuse/recycle? 
How do you save money on activities with your kids? 
Share your tips and link up and play!! 



3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for featuring our emotion story stones! Off to check out some of the fun ideas I see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much to share this information. It is very useful and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing our toddler water wall. It has rained non-stop since we made it so it has turned into a rain gauge - still great fun though.

    ReplyDelete