Monday, May 26, 2014

Awesome Acts of Kindness for Kids Served with a Side of Gratitude

12 Days of Gratitude: Someone Who Inspires Me


Today I extend gratitude to Sheila of Pennies of Time, who inspires me in so many ways. 


She gave me the courage to push even further in using my voice and words to inspire kindness and courage. 

She helped me understand that I have a unique voice. She does this for others as well and encourages them to share their voices.

She brings people together to build a movement that values using one's time and talents to serve others. 

She has shown me that giving is not about money as I've seen through her that there are so many ways to serve and spread kindness.

She inspires me through her unwavering commitment to serving with her family, daily, and with the creative ways she does so. 

So, in honor of Sheila, I wanted to share my 5 favorite posts from Pennies highlighting the amazing ways she serves with her family. Plus, Caterpillar, Wild Thing and I are making Homeless Care Kits as a demonstration of our gratitude.  

Help me thank her by checking out her sight and/or following Pennies on Facebook. You'll be glad you did! 
I hope Sheila inspires you too! You can also find more ideas on my Celebrate Acts of Kindness Week Pinboard and Be the Change Pinboard -- and definitely make sure you're following Sheila on Pinterest. Oh, and why not peek over and see who inspires Sheila

Sharing this at Make A Difference Monday and Mom's Library.

You might also like:
Coffee Can Challenge - Change for Change
Fire Safety Tips
Best of 2013: Inspired Giving

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for compiling such a great list of acts of kindness for kids. I'm so glad I found your post on the Make A Difference Monday's Link Up. I'm always looking for ideas on how to serve with my kids, so I am definitely pinning this for future reference. And thanks for introducing me to the Pennies of Time blog! I've pinned a bunch of her stuff for the future too! Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to plan some projects for my son to do with me this summer for others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, thanks so much for sharing this at #MADMlinkup! I just pinned it in a few places and sharing on my facebook page now as well! Such an excellent resource! Hope you will share more with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jennifer, for this amazing post! Re-blogging and reposting and will def be doing these simple acts. I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete