Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fun Learning Activities featuring Monsters and Colors with the Weekly Kid's Co-Op

Monster Activities for Preschool: Color Sorting and Early Literacy

Stir the Wonder and Enchanted Homeschooling Mom introduced us to Monsters Love Colors, and we're loving this fun picture book by Mike Austin (and my Picture Book of the Day selection). The book inspired me to highlight fun monster activities from The Weekly Kid's Co-Op and the Kid Blogger Network, which are great for little ones not ready for scary Halloween fun yet -- or for any time of year. These monsters are lovable and easy to embrace. Plus, these monster activities make learning fun! 

Monsters Love Colors Sensory Bin from Stir the Wonder and Enchanted Homeschooling Mom

Here's even more toddler and preschool color learning activities:

It would be easy to use any of these color activities in connection with our Picture Book of the Day. Not only is this book a fun book to read, but for both Caterpillar (3) and Wild Thing (4),  it connects with their current learning focuses at preschool and transitional kindergarten. Caterpillar is focusing on learning about colors (including color mixing) and Wild Thing is learning to read and write various color words. He is so proud of himself as he can read certain sentences and pages in the book completely by himself! 

I'm also sharing this at Booknificent Thursday!


  1. What a great round-up of activities! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on this week! I always enjoy your reviews and interviews!

  2. I love these ideas, I think they work perfectly well with young learners. I am actually thinking of using some of them while teaching my own kids. I will let you know how it works with them. Thanks for sharing.

    kids food